Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Homemade

So lately I have been really trying to do more things homemade and really getting the most out of the products we have in the house.
Today was a big day. This morning Barret and I made flubber, and let me tell you it was awesome! So easy and Barret loved it. He poured the ingredients, mixed it up, and watched the reaction happen between the borax and the glue. When I pulled the gloppy goop out of the bowl he was very concerned by what we had just made and seriously did not want anything to do with it. I didn't blame him, while I was squeezing it and molding it into its final stage all I wanted to do was wash my hands. But once it hardened and I showed him how you could bounce it he couldn't stop laughing and throwing it around the kitchen. So fun.

Dinner was homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and Bread sticks (yeast and all). Let me tell you it was delicious. I was super excited about the bread sticks because every time I have used yeast, I always seem to kill it. But this time It worked, my bread sticks weren't hard as rock, they were fluffy and deliciously delightful! I can't wait to have the rest of them tomorrow with our lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment