Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh Mr. Barret, how we missed you!

As difficult as I thought it would be to be without Mr. Barret, I actually did really well without him. I missed his hugs and the pulling of my hair. I missed his silly little giggle and the slobber that usually adorns my hands and arms. I missed his great big sighs and his beautiful blue eyes. I even missed his ever so loud, and ear piercing shrieks and his sad little crys. And without him in the next room at night, I still managed to wake up at 5 every morning.

Steve and I had a lot of fun at our church conference even without Barret, I think at times we were a little lost. Not knowing what to do or what to talk about, but we had an amazing and spirit filled week. I really believe that God did not let me miss Barret as much as I was expecting to. He wanted to make sure I got everything I could out of the conference and if my mind was too focused on missing Barret and being miserable without him, the conference would have been a waste for me.

One of the things Steve and I have been really feeling latley is that God is going to use us for a church plant. Steve has been talking about it since before we were married, that he just really felt called to go and plant a church. But for me, I was happily content with where we were and the friends and family we had near. However, the past few months I have really been praying that if this is what He wants for Steve, than to press it on my heart as well. At the conference we got prayer for this and I have never felt the Holy Spirit more than I did that night. After getting prayer I was really happy and excited (I still am) for how God is going to use our precious little family when it comes to planting churches, and I too feel that God is going to send me somewhere to go and reach the lost and hungry souls. I am so excited for that day!

And now, being home again with our little Barret we are so in love and such a happy little family. Barret is so lucky to have a Daddy who loves him and will protect him, as well as show him and teach him about our heavenly father who is always there to love us and protect us. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little guy and an amazing husband!

Just so you know, even though I was fine without my little guy for those three whole days, it is going to be a long time before I leave him again!

No comments:

Post a Comment