Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh Sleep, how I miss you

Not only is Mama not sleeping because of discomfort and all of the kicking baby does but Barret has now decided that he is no longer going to sleep either. This week we have woken up around 3 or 3:30 to hear Barret screaming/crying. We don't ever go in and check on him because he calms down and we think he is going back to sleep, but then he is up again at 5am if not earlier and we just don't hear him. We have discussed taking out a nap and only having him take one in the mornings, however, yesterday he only slept for a total of ONE hour and was still up at 5 if not before. He is CRAZY! Barret has also decided that he doesn't need to really eat any meal other than breakfast any more either. Even though breakfast is the most important meal of the day and he eats enough for three grown men to be full, I would still feel more comfortable if he would eat all three meals.

Through all of this lack of sleep I have been able to see the lighter side of things at work and many days I just leave laughing because of a comment some student says to me.
On Tuesday I took my students down to get on their buses to go home and a student who I had never met came up to me, holding out his hand and said "Hi what is your name?" I responded by telling him my name and before I could even get it out he brought his hands up to his mouth in a gasp and look ultimately concerned, asking me where I got that stomach from. I just smiled in reply saying, "It's a baby." He was completely taken with excitement and raised his arms in the air with a huge smile on his face saying over and over again, "a baby! Congratulations!" It was the funniest thing I had experienced in a while.

Steve and I have also realized that the house we bought was not in the cards for us. God truly was playing a huge part in our decision, but we just felt like we were over looking something or maybe trying too hard to have his answer be what we wanted it to be. Turns out the house was not a safe place to live and the inspection did not go well at all. After a week of going back and forth with the seller to try and settle on an agreement we finally realized that it just wasn't what God wanted for us and we graciously said no thank you. Now that we are out all the money we had already put in for the appraisal, the inspection, the radon test, and the initial down payment you would think we would be really upset. However, there is nothing we can do about the money being gone and we feel as though that was just what God needed to do to make us realize that he is in control and that there is no reason for us to buy a house if we aren't planning on being here for the long haul. As much as I am disappointed in not having the house, I am relieved, knowing that we are following the path he has placed before us.
With that said, thank you all for your prayers and words of wisdom for us during the past few weeks. We have greatly appreciated you for them and love you all so very much.

Also, if anyone knows of someone who has a home they are wanting to find renters for please let us know. With baby gaffney coming we are very much so growing out of the space we have right now.

Hopefully the next time I post I will be able to tell you that Barret is sleeping better!

No comments:

Post a Comment