Friday, May 28, 2010

The Misadventures of Barret J. Gaffney

So far Barret's mishaps in the tub should be at around 15. I just don't know how a person can got to the bathroom in their own bathtub. It is so funny. On monday we put Barret in the tub for a good scrub down after making a huge mess of his rice cereal. I mean literally, it was everywhere, in his hair, on his ears, in his nose, on the carpet, all over the boppy, all over mom's face and even managed to get on Barret's legs (I still can't figure that out). While we were scrubbing him down, there was a jetstream of bubbles making their way out. It was so funny, he just kept smiling and smiling. After about 3 minutes of bubbles he managed to go to the bathroom two seperate times in the tub. Steve and I just can't handle it anymore, and laugh so hard because Barret just smiles through it all. After our bath, I am drying him off with his ducky towel and lathering him up with our 'bedtime lotion' he somehow manages to go to the bathroom again. I couldn't believe it. He had to have let out half of his body weight that night. However, he is still here and still feels just as heavy as before.

Yesterday Barret accompanied me to my staff party where he managed to throw up all over my leg, the diaper bag, the ground, and the chair I was sitting in. I literally have never seen that much come out of him before. The heat did not help the smell. After cleaning it all up (he managed to keep himself clean from this mess) we sat there talking and playing, down goes my full cup of ice water ALL over my legs. I was greatful for the refreshing cool water, and for it to wash away the throw up smell believe me. However, I was very uncomfortable in my wet jean capri pants for the remainder of the party (this all happened within the first ten-fifteen minutes of arriving), and again he managed to keep himself from getting wet.
Oh Barret, you keep us on our toes and we love you so much for it.

On the lighter side Barret went to his first splash park yesterday afternoon when dad got home from work. We decided to take a stroll over to Tipton Trails park and just see what Barret thought about the water outside of the bathtub. Although the weather was uncomfortabley hot, the water was not. He did pretty good though, just observing the water and other kids playing in it. I can't wait to see him in a real pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment